Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Last Week of Summer

This is my last official week of summer before school starts. It has been rough! I thought that each year would get easier to leave Riley and go back, but I was so wrong. This year it is worse and I think that is because she is at such a fun age with so much personality! We were able to enjoy our summer to the fullest with so much fun together. She truly is my best friend!

I so badly wish this sweet girl could spend every day in my classroom with me....


Yesterday I went into work to set up my classroom for the day and Riley stayed home with Matt. He sent me a text around 8:00am when she woke up telling me that she was hysterical when she realized I wasn't here. It made me so incredibly sad! He then asked if I would be able to talk to her on the phone so she called my cell and it made me so happy, yet sad, to hear her voice. She had so many tears in her voice and kept saying she missed and loved me. My heart broke! On the bright side, Matt decided to pick me up for lunch so that the 3 of us could be together....it was wonderful!

Needless to say, I'm not at all looking forward to next week. I still have today off and Friday off with her, but in-services on Wednesday and Thursday....I will be counting down the hours til it is over! I will also be starting a countdown until my maternity leave so that I can spend 8 months with both of my babies!!! Only 4 months of work this year....I can do it.

Also, since school is starting back up, I am going to be taking a break from blogging. I will be back, but I'm taking a break for now. I haven't been blogging as much lately since I have been working on last years blurb book and I really want to get that finished up!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment