Friday, July 31, 2015

Blurb Book

I finally got my first Blurb book in the mail this week and boy am I in LOVE with it!! If you aren't familiar, Blurb is a website where you can design your own book and order it whenever you are finished. I decided to create a Blurb book documenting each year of photos. I am obsessed with taking pictures and my photo albums from the past two years have started taking over way too much space in my bedroom. That's when I started looking into creating family photo books. After researching the different possible sites to make a family photo album, I decided to go with Blurb. The reason I chose Blurb over many of the other websites is because it gave me the option to create my own pages without predesigned layouts. Although it takes a little bit longer, the end result is totally worth it!

Here are some pictures of what my book looks like, but, to be honest, the pictures don't do justice.

My front cover....


This is a standard size book and I used their hardcover image wrap option with premium matte paper inside. There are pictures on the back of the book as well.

Since this book is for 2013, I included pictures from January-December of 2013.

I also included special pages each month with Riley's monthly baby pictures like this....


I was able to add text for special events like Riley's baptism....


This book includes every picture that I love throughout the year of 2013 and takes up way less space than a bunch of photo albums.

I was able to include vacation pictures....


Fun activities that we did as a family....


Photo shoots....


Holidays....


And random pictures as well....



I ended the book with New Years Eve so that I can start our 2014 book off with January 1....


Needless to say, I am so pleased with how this book turned out!! It took me a few months to create the book and figure out how to make layouts in Blurb, but the end result was worth it. Now that I know what I am doing, my next book shouldn't take me as long. I started with 2013 so that I could include everything from when Riley was first born. I'm still a year behind, but once I'm caught up I can create the books month by month as we go. I'm so excited to have started making these family yearbooks! I know I will appreciate it in the years to come.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment