Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Day I Became a Mom

This Saturday, my sweet sweet girl will turn 2 and I'm slightly in denial. It seems like just yesterday that I found out we were expecting our little bundle of joy.


Today I'm sharing the day that our world was completely changed thanks to the adorable little girl that I get to call my daughter! :)

Matthew and I chose not to find out the sex of the baby and it was hands down the greatest decision I have ever made in my life. I would encourage anyone to wait to find out the sex because there is no greater surprise in life.


On the morning of April 17, 2013 I had my final doctors appointment. That morning before the appointment, Matthew and I finally settled on a girls name...Riley Raegan. Up until about a week prior, she was going to be named Adalyn Grace and we decided we weren't sure if we liked that name anymore (since we came up with it when I was only 3 months pregnant). We had a boys name too, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to share it in case we want to use it in the future....we like to keep the name a secret too because it's more fun and exciting that way.

Anyways, my appointment went well and they scheduled an induction for that Saturday April 20. Since I had gestational diabetes they did not want me to go past full term and my due date was April 23. After the appointment, I went home and Matt headed to work. I had planned to meet my parents for lunch at Trax since I had finished work already for my maternity leave. Right before I was about to head out the door, I was pretty sure that my water broke (it was only a little leakage so I really wasn't positive). My mom always described it as a huge gush of water so I brushed it off and went to lunch.

After lunch, I felt that again...multiple times...so I figured this was no longer something to brush off. I called my doctor and they claimed I probably peed myself. Well let's just say I may have been 9 months pregnant, but I wasn't stupid. No, I did not pee myself. They told me to come in and get checked out just in case. I drove myself to the doctors (I guess I shouldn't have done that) and they confirmed that I was indeed in labor! yipppee! Matt left work, met me at home and we headed for the hospital. It was baby time!!!!!!



I specifically remember not being nervous like I had imagined. I was thrilled! I couldn't wait to meet our little boy or girl and become a family of 3.

Finally at 1:17am on April 18, 2013 our beautiful baby girl came into the world!!! The best part of the story is that Matt was the one to scream "It's a girl!" and that is something that I will always cherish. She was 6 lbs of complete beauty....and I was instantly madly in love.




She made us parents and we are so thankful for that.






She immediately stole everyone's hearts.










This day was hands down the best day of my life. Riley Raegan came into the world and showed me the intense power of unconditional love. She has changed our life in ways unimaginable and I am so thankful that God brought her into our lives and made her mine. I love her with all of my heart!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment