Monday, June 22, 2015

Pretty Earrings

This weekend was full of excitement and it started off on Friday when we decided, spur of the moment, to take Riley to get her ears pierced. She had been showing a lot of interest in it lately by pointing to my earrings then saying "Ri" and pointing to her ears. She's a super huge girly girl so this did not shock me at all.

After talking with Matt about the idea of getting her ears pierced as an infant, I had decided that I wanted to wait until she wanted them pierced on her own and could take pride in her earrings. I had no idea that time would be at 2 years old, but my goodness am I glad it is!! We decided that if she still wanted them by summertime, it would be perfect because I would be home to fully take care of them and clean them twice a day for her. So needless to say, on Friday Matt suggested we take her... and it was the best decision!

After looking up the best places to take little children to get their ears pierced, it turns out that the consensus was Piercing Pagoda at the mall because they have been doing it for many years and have much experience working with small kids....


When we left home we told her we were going to get her ears pierced and during the whole car ride there she kept saying "pierced" (in her own lingo) and pointing to her ears. She practically skipped through the mall holding both mine and Matt's hands.


As you can tell, she was very excited....



Putting marks on both ears to show where they would pierce them....




Luckily there were two wonderful ladies who could pierced both ears at once and they were both awesome with Riley! Here we go....


Didn't even flinch!!!! No tears!!! Yay!!! I was not expecting such a calm response from her!

Looking at her new stylish ears....


Complete success!! Look how gorgeous they look on her....



Riley absolutely loves her earrings and takes every opportunity to talk about them. She's AWESOME about getting them cleaned and asks me to clean them every time I change her diaper in her room. Despite what some might think, 2 years old is a great age and I'm so glad we went through with it now rather than waiting until later.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy reading your blog and learning about your family. Loved hearing about your daughter getting their little ears pierced. Think you were a smart mommy getting her ears pierced now when mommy can care for them, plus she looks so darn cute with little earrings. We did our daughter at this age and she kept saying she had "pitty ears" to everyone who noticed her little earrings.

    I always dreamed of having a little girl with cute little pierced earrings. I was unsure doing it as a toddler, but our pediatrician who encouraged me to do it and gave me some tips for mom having their babies and little girls ears pierced.

    There is nothing sweeter than a little girl with little pierced earrings poking through their hair especially with little pearls. Pearls are for little girls for sure. It makes them look so feminine and ingénue. Our daughter is six now and is girlie-girl and loves changing her earrings to match her dresses.

    Any moms looking for more research on "to pierce or not to pierce," drop me an e-mail for our ped's suggestions.

    Amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete