Tuesday, June 2, 2015

When I Grow Up


Today I'm linking up with Andrea for a super fun Show and Tell Tuesday....what I wanted to be when I grew up.

Well first of all, when I was younger I loved some Nsync so I was convinced that I would one day marry Justin Timberlake....


Who didn't love those blonde curls and dreamy blue eyes? I clearly had pretty good taste because he's even better looking now....


I was also extremely obsessed with Friends so I thought that it would be genius to move to NYC and become best friends with Rachel, Phoebe, Monica, Ross, Chandler and Joey. I mean, why not?


They all had jobs, but spent the majority of their day right there on that couch drinking coffee and laughing. Who wouldn't want that?! They had the life!

I also loved to dance so becoming a Radio City Rockette was on my list....


Once I realized that NYC wasn't for me, I moved on to bigger aspirations....

I would become a surgeon just like Meredith Grey and work with all those dreamy doctors from Grey's Anatomy. Again, this was extremely unrealistic considering I hated science and closed my eyes any time there was blood or body parts on the show.

That's when I turned full nerd and decided to study math education....


Total dork. Math was my best subject and I loved helping kids so it was the best choice for me. Just as I'm about to complete my 6th year as a high school math teacher, I still wonder if this was the correct career path. I sometimes wish I taught younger kids or I dream about other career choices like a photographer, but there was one thing that I ALWAYS knew i wanted to be....


and that was a mom. If I could get paid to be a full time mom, I would do it in a heartbeat. That's definitely where my heart lies.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment