Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Lenten Craft

If you're looking for a really fun craft for toddlers around Lent, here's a fun idea. Riley and I made this a few months ago and she really enjoyed it!

First and foremost, you need contact paper. I bought a huge roll of it at our local craft store and have used it so much for so many different activities. I then used construction paper to make the outline of a cross (you will actually want to make two of the same cross). Next, I taped the contact paper to the counter top leaving the sticky side up and put one of the crosses on top of the contact paper. I cut up a bunch of colorful tissue paper and let her put the tissue paper anywhere that she wanted inside the cross.


She had so much fun with this. The contact paper isn't super sticky so she was able to take pieces back off and put other pieces of tissue paper down.

When she was finished, I put the second cross directly over top of the one that was already down to cover up the spots where the tissue paper overlapped the first outline. Then I put a second sheet of contact paper down with the sticky side down over top of the cross to seal everything inside. Lastly, I cut along the cross leaving a little bit of an edge, hole punched the top and put a string through it to hang it on the window.


When the sun shines through, all the pretty colors shine like a stained glass window. Riley loved this project so I think I'll do it again sometime with a different pattern!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment