Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My Favorite Room

I'm linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday! Today's edition is on the favorite room in our homes....this was super easy for me. As I've mentioned before, I am a complete homebody. I love every room in my home for different reasons. It's cozy and I decorate it in a way that makes me happy, but there is one room in particular that has a special place in my heart and that's Riley's nursery. I love, love, love her room.


I remember every little element that went into decorating it. Matt and I didn't know whether we were having a boy or a girl so we decided to keep the whole room very neutral. My husband and brother also made these beautiful shelves for her room....



Once she was born, we added in all the pink!


This room is where my baby girl slept her first night home from the hospital. In this room, there have been very many sleepless nights, but I look back and I treasure those nights. (Thinking about this I am currently tearing up--I'm such a sap!) I nursed her on this chair night after night for the whole first year...and I cherished every second of it.


Now, this chair is where we read bedtime stories. Matt always says that we should have bought a more comfortable chair for the nursery and that with our next child we should buy a better one, but there is no way that I could part with this chair...ever.

Often times, this is the first room I see in the mornings. I love walking into this room with her standing in the crib calling my name. In this room, I've watched my baby girl grow up before my very eyes....








This room is hands down my favorite :)

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Love the pallet book shelves! Little girl rooms are my favorite, too :)
    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little girls room! And also the picture of your newborn daughter lying in her crib literally made my heart swoon for a newborn. Just beautiful!
    - Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her room! I like how you added the pink touches after she was born. She's such a cutie. My daughter's name is Riley too! Too funny!
    -Alyssa (The Lindquist Life)

    ReplyDelete