Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Red, White and Blue

Riley and I did a really cute craft yesterday and I wanted to share it. She loves to paint so I was looking for something easy enough for her to be able to paint on her own with some of my assistance. I bought a block of wood (could also use canvas) and red, white and blue paint to make an american flag.


I started off by letting her paint the whole piece of wood white....



We then let the white dry.

Once the white was dry, I used painters tape and taped off the parts of the flag that I wanted to keep white as well as the part that she would eventually paint blue....


Then she painted the red....


We ended up putting two coats of red on to make it a deeper red, then let it dry.

Once the red was done drying, I took off all of the tape, and taped around the edges of where I wanted her to put the blue paint down....


Lastly, once the blue dried, we added our finishing touch...her cute little handprint!




I was so pleased with how it turned out and can't wait to find the perfect spot to display it in our home :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment