Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine's Day Craft

I've decided to start coming up with more fun crafts for Riley and I to do and I will blog about each of them!  Thanks to Pinterest, I already have a bunch of cool ideas for us to try.

With Valentine's Day coming up, I'd like to share my favorite craft we've ever made together....


We made this for Matt for Valentine's Day last year.  Riley was 9 months old.  To be honest, this was very very very hard to make considering how young she was, but it was so worth it!  I bought a block of wood from Michael's and painted the whole thing dark red.  I then painted Riley's feet and hands white, one at a time, and placed them on top of the wood. There were actually several attempts involved because she kept moving her hands and feet. Which means I would paint over the white and start all over again!  Once I finally got good footprints and handprints from her, I added the extra letters to spell out Love You.  I thought this was a super cute way to keep her baby prints forever and display them in our home.  I cherish this SO much that if our house were on fire, it would be one of the things that I would make a point to save.  I keep it on a shelf in our kitchen and not a day goes by that I don't look at it...it makes me smile :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment